The GreaseShield ROCOM is a practical grease trap solution with proactive properties to handle emulsified fats, oils and greases. Large concentrations of fats and oils accumulate in rotisseries and combi ovens (to name a few) where it is common for animal fats to solidify in the pipework before reaching external grease traps.
The GreaseShield ROCOM will automatically separate grease from effluent, in order to achieve less than 100ppm of fats, oils and grease discharge.
The GreaseShield ROCOM is self-cleaning and self-emptying, saving staff from needing to maintain the unit. It is not only user friendly but also odour free.
Designed to fit under any rotisserie or combi oven, the GreaseShield ROCOM can even service double-stacked combi ovens- removing fat, oil and grease problems at their source with little to no disruption to kitchen operations.
- No heating elements
- Low operational costs
- Reduced co2 emissions
- Compact and easy to install
- Eco-friendly, sustainable design with 99% recyclability
- Combi Ovens
There are two distinct stages in the operation of the GreaseShield ROCOM – grease separation and self-cleaning.
- The thermal energy contained in the effluent removes the emulsified fats, oils and greases before they can solidify – this is achieved through the use of retaining baffles and a reverse-flow configuration.
- The oleophilic (the attraction of FOGs) and hydrophobic (the repellence of water) FOG removal works together with the aforementioned allowing maximum drain protection.
- When the FOG container is connected to the GreaseShield, a slow-rotating drum cycles with a silicone blade, scraping the FOGs from the sides to allow for safe disposal.
- The now-treated effluent can now flow underneath the outlet baffle and out into the drain.
- Grey water is recirculated through the internal tank with an intermittent cleaning cycle to remove fine sediment and backwash the internal filters to prevent odours.
- This technique eliminates the need for staff to access the internals of the GreaseShield unit and also eliminates the ongoing costs for third-party contractors to dispose of the waste.